Winter party catering ideas from Your Private Chef
August is party time in our home, with four birthdays to celebrate.
It’s a tough time of year for many of us, with the grind of work and short daylight wearing us down, coupled with feeling run down by the long winter.
So how do we get in entertaining mode while feeling
Winter catering and events often take on a lovely nurturing quality about them. With our new season hearty hot platters and our hot buffets and spit
Our hosts are looking for that ‘homemade comfort’ feel to their catering menus, as opposed to cold platters, salads, BBQs and canapés that are very much a feature of summer.
In winter, we also see a strong leaning towards 3-course fine dining menus for both private parties as well as our corporate winter party catering.
Winter party food ideas
Winter is the perfect season for our hot food stations to shine. Here are a few winter party food ideas, complete with gorgeous set up:
Jacket potato station
A great light lunch or addition to your event
Melbourne’s favourite wrap is a real crowd winner
Spit Roast Bar
Hearty and very filling complete with many salad options.
Allow guests to build their own with all our delicious fillings
Mexican Burrito Bar
Nothing warms quite like a Mexican menu!
Perfect for a delivery only, or talk to us adding staff to your event.
Featuring Grass-fed yearling beef porterhouse (
We have just launched our new season hot cocktail platters and our canapé packages, which offer wonderful hot, bite-sized items for your winter party, presented beautifully in our new boxes, ready to serve.
Or choose a fully staffed event and work with our event consultants to create your winter party menu. We will help guide you to achieve the perfect menu for your budget, space and theme.
We are so excited to launch our new hot buffet packages, with 3 delicious menus to choose from.
And we also now have a wonderful flexible hot hearty platter and hot hearty sides option too, allowing you to mix and match to create your ideal menu. Cost effective and super easy for a delivery option, these platters are perfect for winter party catering.
- View our buffet hot platters
- View our buffet hot packages
- View our hot food stations (including a delectable pancake station!
Winter dining menus
Stuck on which menu to choose for your 3-course fine dining winter dinner party? Here are the season’s top sellers…
- Pork belly served with silver beet, caramelised pear purée & pomegranate jus (
- Scallops, pan seared cauliflower purée, chorizo crumb, truffle oil (
- Roasted vegetable terrine with cashew pesto and basil oil (vegan)
- Slow-cooked beef cheeks, bordelaise sauce, button mushrooms, smoked gammon, caramelised red onion, pomme purée,
croute& truffle oil.
- Rack of lamb, sweet pea gnocchi, sage, broad beans, carrot quenelle, sauce romesco and jus (
- Sous vide duck breast, chestnut purée; Dutch carrots, caramelised plum, jus (
- Dark chocolate panna cotta, white chocolate mousse, vodka syrup, gold flakes, walnut praline, freeze dried raspberries, black sesame seeded wafer (v)
- Baileys cream brûlée with biscotti and macerate strawberries (v)
- Mi qui - melting centre Italian soufflé, chocolate soil, raspberries, vanilla mascarpone, tuile (v)