What do you think of when you hear the word “banquet”?
If you’re like most people, it probably conjures up images of massive tables filled with exotic, decadent, masterfully-prepared food.
And for the people who indulge in banquet dining, you probably think of silk-clad members of nobility, or even royalty.
Long story short, not the type of event where they’d invite ordinary people like you or I.
We’re going to let you in on a little bit of a secret, though: it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, it’s entirely possible to throw a massive banquet of your very own!
Banquet catering fit for a king or queen!
The perfect start to your feast
At Your Private Chef, we’re big fans of Mediterranean cuisine. And it’s not just because that’s what we grew up on, either!
We love how filling the food is, how lively the eating experience all over the Mediterranean is, and of course, we love the region’s unique flavours!
In keeping with that theme, our banquet menu kicks with a distinctly Mediterranean feel to it.
Start the night off with beautiful savoury Antipasto platters, featuring classics including:
- Cold-cut salami, prosciutto and beef bresaolaSavoury treats including balsamic mushrooms, pickled baby cornichons, vine-wrapped dolmas, cheddar bites, olives and hummus
- Rosemary grissini cups and mini breadsticks
- Homemade bread rolls
It’s everything you’d ever want from an Antipasto platter, all served with zesty olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Dinner is served!
And when it comes to mains, our guests are spoiled for choice! We give all of our clients their choice of two main dishes from our range of platters, including:
- Juicy sous vide duck breast, served with chestnut puree and caramelised plum
- Mustard-crusted eye fillet steak with freshly-made salsa verde
- Chicken breast, wrapped in prosciutto and served with sweet corn risotto cake
- If you prefer your chicken zestier, try our Cajun-style chicken breast, served with red and white slaw
- Lamb shoulder, slow-roasted to perfection over 12 hours
- Free-range baby poussin
And that’s only a handful of the options on our banquet menu; view the full menu – including both hot and cold main options – here.
Our banquet catering is a meat-lover’s paradise. If you’re a vegetarian however, don’t worry, we didn’t forget about you! Everybody deserves to share in great food. If you have special dietary requirements, get in touch with us and will will accommodate any kind of dietary needs.
Sides and salads that steal the show
All too often are sides and salads completely overlooked, dismissed as sideshows or “rabbit food” that’s somehow not worth the time of day.
We’re not big fans of this mentality. That’s probably why we put so much effort into our side and salad offerings! Some of our favourites include:
- European-style potato salad with fresh herbs, seeded mustard, baby pickles and capsicum, marinated in lemon and olive oil
- Crisp, green leaf salad with baby beets, sweet baby tomatoes, crumbly feta cheese and hazelnut, with apple cider-based vinaigrette
- Salad of green beans, herbs, roquette and shaved shallots, with seeded mustard dressing
There’s always room for dessert!
And of course, it wouldn’t be a 3-course banquet without the most important course of them all… dessert!
In keeping with the Mediterranean theme of the opener, we offer a delicious cheese and fruit platter.
And if you’re looking for something sweeter, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too! You’ll be able to top off your banquet with sweets from a selection of our mini desserts menu.
A social spin on banquet catering
We believe eating is a social experience. Food is the glue that binds us, and is a great way to bring people together – not to mention, it’s a much better conversation starter than the weather!
Unlike your traditional banquet, Your Private Chef’s banquet menu is all served, family-style, with generous portions shared between guests on grazing platters.
The result? A uniquely social, modern take on the age-old tradition of banquet dining, with a dash of Mediterranean thrown into the mix to honour our heritage.
That’s not all we do, either!
At Your Private Chef, we believe in creating Unforgettable Food Experiences.
That’s why we also offer a huge range of unique catering options that’ll have your guests salivating long after your event is over!
- Spit roast catering
- Traditional 3-course dining
- Bang-on trend food station
- Chefs and waitstaff
Whatever the occasion you’re celebrating, we’re sure to have something that fits!
Planning a banquet soon?
Call Your Private Chef for banquet catering!
Planning a special event? Do you need truly special catering to match it?
If so, you can’t go past banquet catering. Not only is it hearty and filling, but it’s unique – your event catering will be leaving impressions long after your event has ended.
Are you curious to learn how banquet catering could work for your upcoming celebration?