Think back to all the corporate events you’ve ever attended – from office parties, to training conferences.
We bet the ones you rate the best boil down to a few simple factors: food, venue and entertainment. And okay, there may be a few Christmas party antics you’re getting nostalgic about too!
But the point is that what we eat and where we’re eating it makes all the difference to an event’s success…
But why bother?
Your staff will thank you for it (loyalty), your clients will be impressed (better sales) and less things are likely to go wrong (safety and less pesky lawsuits!). The simple fact is that whilst your guests may not always remember everything you say, they’ll always remember whether you were the host with the most – so let’s get this (corporate) party started:
Dos and Don’ts:
- Do your planning ASAP. Whether your corporate event is small or large, forward planning helps you secure a quality venue and catering company ahead of time – what a relief!
- Don’t mess up the venue. Think carefully about where you’ll host your corporate event. Will staff and/or clients be able to travel home safely afterwards (particularly if they’ve been drinking), is the space too big or small, does it allow enough budget for quality catering?
- Do hire Your Private Chef. Okay this isn’t mandatory, but it’s highly recommended! Our motto is ‘Real Food, Real People’ which basically means your guests will be treated to wholesome and delicious cuisine that gets them excited and fills them up too. Choosing a flexible, professional and experienced caterer like us to partner with means you can relax knowing your corporate event is achieving its goals.
- Don’t forget to cater to everyone. Vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten Intolerant? Lactose Intolerant? You need to ask these questions and more to ensure your guests are happy (and healthy) at your next function.
Before organising a corporate event it’s important to think about why you’re doing it at all.
What do you want to achieve?
Do you want your guests to learn something, feel inspired, let loose or gain new skills? Understanding this will help you create a more appropriate event and help you answer other questions like:
- Will your guests be seated or standing? – This really impacts the mood of a corporate event. A seated set-up can feel more formal and elegant, whilst standing creates a casual and relaxed vibe.
- Inside or outside? – The same as above. Inside is often more formal and controlled, whilst outside can add an extra layer of excitement. Choosing between them depends on the overall objectives of your event (and Melbourne’s crazy weather, too).
So there you have it – by now you should already be buzzing with ideas on how to create a corporate event that will be adored by all who attend. If you’re still scratching your head with confusion, get in touch with us and we’ll help steer you in the right direction!